Recipe by KelseyE
This sauce was adapted from a Mollie Katzen "Moosewood Cookbook" recipe. Add to stir-fried vegetables - plus chicken, if you are not a vegetarian. If you are a garlic lover, add more - it is really strong since the sauce is barely cooked.
Top Review by Manda
OMG!!! This sauce is absolutely WONDERFUL!! I used this for a chicken/veggie stir-fry. Only thing I changed was that I used 5 cloves of garlic (can't help it, I LOVE the stuff!), went light on the ginger, used regular vinegar instead of cider (personal preference),and added some ground black pepper. Since I had to stir-fry my chicken in oil, I used the sesame oil to cook my chicken while I was parboiling frozen stir-fry veggies. Threw them in with the chicken, added the sauce (minus the sesame oil), and it was soooooo yummy!!! This is definitely a must-try!!! I took the left-overs for lunch today, and it was even better because the sauce was nice and thick. Oh, I think I might have to make it again tomorrow! Healthy, simple, and a wonderful blend of flavors. I served over steamed rice. Thank you so, so, so much for this recipe!!! ~Manda
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water (or more)
- 1 -3 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except cornstarch.
- Place cornstarch in a separate bowl and slowly whisk in everything else until desired consistency.
- When your stir-fried vegetables are done, pour the sauce in and stir from the bottom, keeping the wok or pan at a higher heat.
- In a few minutes the sauce will thicken.