Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Nice and simple. Prep time includes marinating time.
Make and share this Stir-Fry Chicken With Garlic Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Combine garlic, soy sauce, water, honey, 1 tablespoon oil, cornstarch and black/red pepper. Stir chicken into marinade and mix to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, stirring once to twice.
- In large skillet, heat remaining oil.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer chicken to skillet. Stir-fry about 5 minutes. Add reserved marinade; continue to cook and stir about 30 seconds until thickened.
- Remove to platter. Garnish with green onion. Serve with snow peas, if desired.
I have been searching for a good stir fry recipe to round out my asian collection. As a half asian that eats a lot of asian food I find myself often disappointed by the recipes I try... they just seem a little off. This was the most successful stir fry recipe I've tried. Like other reviewers I doubled the marinade/sauce so I could discard the marinade that had been touching raw chicken. I used sesame oil instead of veggie oil, added a dash of sriracha, and some mushrooms. I also let the sauce simmer and thicken for a minute or two. Next time I will add peanuts because the sauce reminds me of kung pao. Thanks for the recipe CoffeeMom!
5 star for sure. I only used 2 half breasts but made the full sauce. I kept half separate to cook with the chicken, put it all together in the AM , stir fried it at dinner - took 10 minutes. I mixed the cornstarch with the water before adding it to the marinade.Very easy recipe to put together Delicious flavor a definate do again recipe Thanks Coffee Mom for adding to the enjoyment of my Sunday dinner 3 Dec 2010 Made again and enjoyed just as much
We made this tonight and it was really good. Next time we'll double the sauce as we like a little more sauce then what was made.