Recipe by WendyMaq
From "The South Beach Diet" copyright 2003. Phase two recipe. I've had difficulty locating this particular medley of frozen vegetables. The only vegetables to avoid: beets, corn, and potatoes.
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken breast, 1/8 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli, green beans, red bell peppers, mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large, heavy skillet or wok over high heat until water sizzles when dropped on the metal.
- Add 1 1/2 Tablespoons of the oil and tilt the pan gently in all directions until the oil has coated the surface.
- When the oil is hot (not to the point of smoking), add the chicken breast slices and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a bowl.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet. When hot, add frozen vegetable mix and stir fry for about 4 minutes, until the larger pieces are cooked through.
- Return chicken to skillet, add water and soy. Stir fry for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add spinach. Cover and steam over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn spinach once so it will heat evenly. Cover and steam for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove Chicken and vegetables with slotted spoon. Divide the liquid into small bowls to serve as a gravy or dip.