Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick to prepare, low in calories and easy to serve from one pot, this Oriental-style dish is visually appealing as well as nutritious. Deliciossso!!!
- 1 lb lean beef, sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup mild onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced diagonally
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups broccoli stems, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled
- Toss beef in bowl with soy sauce and sherry. Cover and marinate for 30 minute.
- Prepare vegetables. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or wide frying pan over low heat. Add garlic and saute over high heat.
- Add drained beef (reserve marinade). Stir-fry until meat is cooked.
- Add onions, celery, broccoli and mushrooms. Cover and steam about 5 minute.
- Mix marinade with cornstarch and pour into pan. heat to boiling. Cook for a few seconds until thickened. Turn into serving dishl Garnish with the tomato if you like. Serve at once.
I agree this was delicious. I used only a spray of "No Oil" so cut out the peanut oil and I didn't add a tomato. I cut the recipe back to serve two. Because I like spice I did add 1/2 tsp chili flakes and I added a carrot for added color. Served with rice. Lovely dinner thanks Ms. Ayon