Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
You can add in any of your favorite fresh veggies that you wish just make certain that you chop them small, or purchase a package already cut in your veggie section of your supermarket, or use a 1-pound package of frozen assorted veggies in place of fresh, add in a can of sliced drained mushrooms also!
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 lb sirloin beef (thinly sliced, or use flank steak)
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 cups vegetables (use your favorite assorted stir-fry veggies)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 prepared unbaked pie shell
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 10-inch pie plate or a 9-inch square baking dish or a 1-1/2-quart baking dish.
- In a saucepan cover the rice with 1-2/3 cup water; bring to a boil over high heat, cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes; remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile mix 1 cup beef broth with oyster sauce, cornstarch, garlic and chili flakes; set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over high heat; add in the beef slices; cook until meat is no longer pink (about 4 minutes).
- Add in the remaining 1/4 cup broth with the 5 cups veggies and green onions; cook for about 3 minutes, or until veggies are bright green.
- Stir in the seasoned beef broth mixture; bring to a boil, cook until thickened (about 1-2 minutes) transfer to a large bowl.
- Add in the cooked rice; mix to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into prepare dish.
- Place the prepare pastry over the mixture and fold the edges under, flute as desired.
- Make a couple of slits on top of the pastry.
- Place the baking dish or pie plate on a baking sheet to catch any spills.
- Bake for about 1 hour, covering the pastry loosley with foil if overbrowning.