Recipe by Sharis2006
It is a very tasty and healthy dish when we want to use up those tomatoes, cucumber, onions and garlic being grown in our garden. Besides, although most other pork dishes need long and slow cooking, this one is a quick and easy one. (Time not includs marinating.)
- 225 g pork fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 115 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 175 g cucumbers, cut into 4cm long wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon icing sugar (or white sugar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly crushed
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry (or better with Chinese rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil (coat the pork just before cooking)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse a jar (at least 1/2 litre), put a layer of cucumber, sprinkle some icing sugar, salt and vineger, repeat the process till all cucumber wedges have been put inside. Close the lid, shake the jar in different direction so the cucumber wedges are well covered by marinade. Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix the marinade (except the oil) for the pork, add sliced pork and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of oil into a non-stick wok, use medium heat.
- Add the garlic, lightly stir-fry till the aroma comes out.
- Turn to medium high heat. Add the pork, stir-fry for 2 minutes or till it colours. Set aside using a slotted spoon. Keep warm.
- Turn back to medium heat. Add the onion, stir-fry till soft.
- Add the cucumber with marinade, stir-fry till hot.
- Add the tomatoes and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add back the pork, add the ketchup and chili-garlic sauce (optional). Stir-fry for 1 more minutes.
- Serve hot.