It is a very tasty and healthy dish when we want to use up those tomatoes, cucumber, onions and garlic being grown in our garden. Besides, although most other pork dishes need long and slow cooking, this one is a quick and easy one. (Time not includs marinating.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 225 g pork fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 115 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 175 g cucumbers, cut into 4cm long wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon icing sugar (or white sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly crushed
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry (or better with Chinese rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil (coat the pork just before cooking)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (optional)
- 1Rinse a jar (at least 1/2 litre), put a layer of cucumber, sprinkle some icing sugar, salt and vineger, repeat the process till all cucumber wedges have been put inside. Close the lid, shake the jar in different direction so the cucumber wedges are well covered by marinade. Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- 2Mix the marinade (except the oil) for the pork, add sliced pork and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- 3Add a tablespoon of oil into a non-stick wok, use medium heat.
- 4Add the garlic, lightly stir-fry till the aroma comes out.
- 5Turn to medium high heat. Add the pork, stir-fry for 2 minutes or till it colours. Set aside using a slotted spoon. Keep warm.
- 6Turn back to medium heat. Add the onion, stir-fry till soft.
- 7Add the cucumber with marinade, stir-fry till hot.
- 8Add the tomatoes and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 9Add back the pork, add the ketchup and chili-garlic sauce (optional). Stir-fry for 1 more minutes.
- 10Serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Pork With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.1
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 608.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 26.1 g