Adapted from cooking light recipe. Honestly one of the best dinners I've EVER made. Saving here with the adjustments I made... sometime soon I'm going to sub out the chicken for shrimp and use fish stock instead of chicken stock. I put all of this on top of (thai) rice noodles. 4 oz noodles and all the veg and chicken makes 2 HUGE servings. 16 WW points each. Less chicken or sub shrimp would reduce points...
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili paste (sambal oelek)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass, fresh, peeled, crushed and diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/2 large onion, sliced medium thin
- 3 green onions, diced, divided in half
- 1 bunch broccoli, separating the heads into bit sized pieces, chopping the stalk small and incorporating
- 12 ounces diced boneless skinless chicken
- 1/2 serrano chili, diced (seeds and ribs included)
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients, set aside.
- 2In a separate pan boil water to cook rice noodles.
- 3Heat a large wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 1 TBL oil; swirl to coat. Add lemongrass and garlic; stir fry 30 seconds. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; place in a small bowl.
- 4Add rice noodles to boiling water, cook till done and drain. (7 min?).
- 5Meanwhile, add bell pepper, onion, broccoli and chile to pan. Stir fry for a few minutes (5 ? -- ) Remove vegetables from pan with a slotted spoon, adding to lemongrass mixture.
- 6Add 1 Tbl oil to the pan, swirl to coat. Add chicken in a single layer, cook 2 minutes or until browned.
- 7Add stock mixture to the chicken and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until sauce begins to thicken. Add veg mixture back to pan to rewarm slightly.
- 8Split cooked rice noodles in bowl. Add 1/2 veg / chicken mixture to each.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir Fried Lemongrass Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (744 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.6
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 110.6 mg
- Sodium 2439.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 49.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: