Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from cooking light recipe. Honestly one of the best dinners I've EVER made. Saving here with the adjustments I made... sometime soon I'm going to sub out the chicken for shrimp and use fish stock instead of chicken stock. I put all of this on top of (thai) rice noodles. 4 oz noodles and all the veg and chicken makes 2 HUGE servings. 16 WW points each. Less chicken or sub shrimp would reduce points...
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili paste (sambal oelek)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass, fresh, peeled, crushed and diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 large onion, sliced medium thin
- 3 green onions, diced, divided in half
- 1 bunch broccoli, separating the heads into bit sized pieces, chopping the stalk small and incorporating
- 12 ounces diced boneless skinless chicken
- 1⁄2 serrano chili, diced (seeds and ribs included)
- Combine first 5 ingredients, set aside.
- In a separate pan boil water to cook rice noodles.
- Heat a large wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 1 TBL oil; swirl to coat. Add lemongrass and garlic; stir fry 30 seconds. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; place in a small bowl.
- Add rice noodles to boiling water, cook till done and drain. (7 min?).
- Meanwhile, add bell pepper, onion, broccoli and chile to pan. Stir fry for a few minutes (5 ? -- ) Remove vegetables from pan with a slotted spoon, adding to lemongrass mixture.
- Add 1 Tbl oil to the pan, swirl to coat. Add chicken in a single layer, cook 2 minutes or until browned.
- Add stock mixture to the chicken and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until sauce begins to thicken. Add veg mixture back to pan to rewarm slightly.
- Split cooked rice noodles in bowl. Add 1/2 veg / chicken mixture to each.