Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in Cook's Country.
- 12 ounces flank steaks, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, divided
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Combine steak, cornstarch, salt, and white pepper in a bowl, tossing to coat. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add steak to pan, stir-fry 4 minutes or until browned. Remove steak. Add remaining oil to pan. Add bell pepper, carrots, and ginger; stir-fry 2 minutes or until carrot is tender.
- Add broth and chile paste, cook 3 minutes. Return steak to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over rice.