Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Great for the holidays or anytime! Add to your holiday platters for family and friends. Frosted or plain they are both great! Cooking time is per pan of cookies.
Top Review by lurcher
I love this recipe, it's great for "emergency cookies". I was about to post my version but couldn't word it clear enough, so thanks! I use a tsp of lemon juice instead of orange zest, and sprinkle the tops w/nutmeg. I also use butter instead of oil for greasing the glass. A great recipe for kids to help with (Thanks Mom!)
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Beat eggs, then stir in oil, vanilla, and orange zest.
- Blend in sugar, and beat until thick.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Drop batter 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with glass dipped in oil and sugar.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.