Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is low fat and you can cook them on your outside grill or in your oven broiler.
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons English mustard or 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Soak 12 bamboo skewers, each 10 inches long, in water for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the garlic, honey, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and hot pepper sauce, and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss in the chicken and stir until well combined, transfer to a nonmetallic dish, cover and marinate for 20 or 30 minutes or overnight.
- Prepare the outdoor grill or preheat the broiler to high.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto the skewers.
- Cook over the hot coals of an outdoor grill for 5 to 6 minutes or arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil for 6 to 7 minutes, turning occasionally until well browned and cooked through.
I will not put stars on this recipe because I didn't follow the exact directions but the concept was wonderful. The chicken was a huge hit! So good I forgot to save some for my 3rd son who was at ball practice. :) A for sure remake!