Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is how my husband's cousin prepared the cranberries for a family reunion type Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. It is really different from cooked cranberry sauce, which we also love- a light and refreshing alternative.
- 1 lb cranberries
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and seeded (including the peel)
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 dash cinnamon, and or 1 dash clove
- Chop the berries and the oranges fairly fine.
- Toss everything together.
- Add up to 1 1/2 cups of sugar to taste.
I used this exactly as given, and it was the hit of my dinner!