Recipe by ajena's kitchen
No tomatoes here, just a satisfying cheese and chicken filling with a creamy sauce all over it. I found this recipe on the all recipes site several years ago. This is an excellent recipe!
Top Review by katia
Made it for PAC Spring 2007. I loved it. Very tasty and easy to make. I used recipe#25653 instead of the can and I also added a pinch of nutmeg in the cream. Next time I'll add at the cream some paprika to get a better colour at the top cream. At the end I had some of the filling left and no other tortillas. So I just put it on the pyrex and top with some more cheese, like a casserole. It was also tasty, but the enchiladas were tastier! Thanks for a great dinner Ajena!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the green onion until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes). Add the garlic powder, then stir in the green chiles, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Mix well. Reserve 3/4 of this sauce and set aside. To the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the saucepan, add the chicken and 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Stir together.
- Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the reserved 3/4 of the sauce with the milk. Spoon this mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.