Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a friend's recipe. We had it served with flavorful pork tenderloin and it was great! Stephen is from England and so I say "cheers" for this nice side dish!
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and add the water, bouillon cubes and garlic.
- Bring pot to a boil; reduce heat and cover.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain; reserving the cooking liquid.
- Mash potatoes and add the cream cheese.
- Blend well.
- Gradually beat in enough reserved cooking liquid to make potatoes light and fluffy.
- If you like, you can add butter and/or half and half.
- Serve immediately.
Excellent flavors. I didn't use a bit of the butter or half-and-half, only the chicken broth liquid. Great way to cut calories on a favorite recipe. I used a fat-free low sodium chicken broth since I didn't have any bouillon cubes and used just enough to cover the potatoes. Also used a chive and onion cream cheese since that was what I could find. I think it would take more than 1 1/4 lbs of potatoes to feed 6-8 people also. You can bet I'll be making these again and again. Thanks oolala :) Made for the Side special in Photo Forum :)