1/1 Photo of Steeped Salmon With Chive and Dill Sauce
Pink salmon topped with a no-cook white sauce flecked with green herbs and surrounded with thin sliced cucumber. The gentle steeping preserves the flavor, texture and appearance of the salmon without heating up your kitchen. Fresh chives and dill in a creamy sauce add a divine flavor to the dish. The salmon can be served hot, cold or at room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (5 ounce) thin salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
- Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 lemon, juice of
- 3 small pickling cucumbers, thin sliced and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1Fish: Place fish in a large shallow pan with a tight fitting cover.
- 2Add enough water to cover the fish by 1 1/2 inches, then remove the fish and set aside.
- 3To the water, add lemon, onion, thyme, salt and pepper, cover and bring to a full boil.
- 4Remove the pan from the heat, add the fillets and cover pan tightly.
- 5Let fish steep 3 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets, then remove the salmon to a serving platter using a slotted spatula.
- 6Note: for thicker fillets you will need to add the salmon to the liquid and simmer until partially cooked before removing from the heat and covering.
- 7Sauce: Whisk together, mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, dill, salt and Tabasco.
- 8To assemble: Place cucumber slices around the edge of the serving platter over lapping as you go. Spoon sauce across the center of each fillet and top with a few drops of fresh lemon juice.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steeped Salmon With Chive and Dill Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.5
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.2 mg
- Sodium 615.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 31.1 g