Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Womans Day.
- 1 cup finely chopped shiitake mushroom
- 1 cup finely chopped oyster mushroom
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Thai basil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (shallots)
- 2 teaspoons ketjap manis
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons water
- soy sauce, to serve
- In a medium bowl, combine mushrooms, basil, onion, kecap manis and garlic.
- Using an 8cm cutter, cut rounds from each wonton wrapper. Place 2 teaspoons of mushroom mixture in the centre of each round.
- Brush edges of wontons with water. Fold in half to form a semicircle. Pleat or pinch edges together to form a frill.
- Line a large bamboo steamer with baking paper. Space wontons apart in steamer. Place over a pan of gently boiling water.
- Steam, covered, for 4-5 minutes until translucent and tender. Serve immediately with soy sauce.