photo by PalatablePastime
- Ready In:
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 1⁄3 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a wok or large skillet, stir-fry cabbage, bean sprouts and carrot in 1 1/2 tsp oil until tender; set aside.
- In a small skillet, brown ground beef until cooked through; drain and add to vegetable mixture.
- Stir in the green onions, sesame seeds, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Place about 1 tbsp of filling in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Combine egg and water.
- Moisten edges of wonton wrappers with egg mixture; fold opposite corners creating a triangle and press edges together to seal.
- Heat remaining vegetable oil (2 tbsp) in a large skillet.
- Cook wontons in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Add additional oil if needed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It's a keeper Kim! Made it last week using diced left over chicken breast. Made it mid-week with ground beef (my favourite) and yesterday with ground pork...hummm maybe that was my favourite. LOL The only wonton wraps in the store were stale dated so I went with the eggroll wraps. First time in triangles, second & third time egg roll shaped. I found the later easier to brown. Only other variable was that I used fresh bean sprouts. Keep them coming Kim!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Molson 6/13/1993 - 1/2/2007 <br /><br />You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us. ~Robert Louis Stevenson <br /><br /><br /><br />PARTICIPATION BANNERS: <br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/calendar%20clips/Copyofsoybean.jpg border=0 alt=tag /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/RSC%20Banners/RSC11-Kim.jpg alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2237/2417939508_a2fe6ca1d6.jpg?v=0 alt=Rosemary Herb for January 2008 /> <img src=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2140/2418175268_0be79b1528.jpg?v=0 alt=Cumin Herb for February 2008 /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/garden%20forum%20sage.JPG alt= /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cinnamonchallenge.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3070/2821533761_69a8a5ea82.jpg?v=0 alt= /> <br /><a href=http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/starrynews/?action=view?t=oregano1.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/starrynews/oregano1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/akplongmeadow/AdoptATag2-2-1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>