Summer is coming and this means lobster will be on the menu! Everyone should know how to cook them for the backyard cookout.
My Private Note
- 1In a pot large enough to hold 2 lobsters, pour in 2 inches of seawater.
- 2If you don't have seawater, add 1 tsp.
- 3salt to plain water.
- 4Pour in 4 oz.
- 5of the beer.
- 6Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- 7Place the 2 lobsters in the pot and cover tightly.
- 8Return to a boil as quickly as possible and then start counting the time.
- 9The 2 lb.
- 10lobsters should steam for 16 minutes.
- 11Take them out with tongs, dump the water and start over with fresh water, adding the salt if no seawater and the beer.
- 12Serve with individual bowls of melted butter and cracking utensils.
- 13If you want to cook smaller or larger lobsters: it is 13 minutes per pound, for the first pound; add 3 minutes per pound for each additional pound thereafter (Ex: a 1 1/2 lb lobster will cook for 14 1/2 minutes).
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Maine Lobster
Serving Size: 1 (970 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 842.7
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 862.6 mg
- Sodium 3852.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 170.9 g