Recipe by *Petunia*
Summer is coming and this means lobster will be on the menu! Everyone should know how to cook them for the backyard cookout.
Top Review by RedSoxsNation #33fan
New England Lobsterfest this past weekend and we used this recipe. I think I used two different types of beer, one light and the other a IPA. The combination of the two worked out really well.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot large enough to hold 2 lobsters, pour in 2 inches of seawater.
- If you don't have seawater, add 1 tsp.
- salt to plain water.
- Pour in 4 oz.
- of the beer.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Place the 2 lobsters in the pot and cover tightly.
- Return to a boil as quickly as possible and then start counting the time.
- The 2 lb.
- lobsters should steam for 16 minutes.
- Take them out with tongs, dump the water and start over with fresh water, adding the salt if no seawater and the beer.
- Serve with individual bowls of melted butter and cracking utensils.
- If you want to cook smaller or larger lobsters: it is 13 minutes per pound, for the first pound; add 3 minutes per pound for each additional pound thereafter (Ex: a 1 1/2 lb lobster will cook for 14 1/2 minutes).