Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Everyday Food
Make and share this Steamed Cod With Ginger and Scallions recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) cod fish fillets, skinless
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 scallions, green tops only
- In a large skillet, combine vinegar, soy sauce, and ginger. Season both sides of cod with salt and pepper; place in skillet with vinegar mixture.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook until fish is almost opaque throughout, 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut green parts of scallions into 3 inch lengths; thinly slice lengthwise. Scatter over fish; cook, covered, until fish is opaque throughout and scallions are just wilted, about 2 minutes.
Wow, we loved this fish! I used apple cider vinegar which worked fine, and I loaded it up with ginger that I minced. The flavors are magnificent here, and go beautifully with brown rice, roasted cauliflower and a red pepper corn saute. The green onions are mellow and not overpowering. We will definitely be enjoying this good cod again soon! Thanks for a winner!
Awesome quick and easy recipe! Couldn't believe how tasty it was considering the minimal ingredients and prep time. Will definitely be making this again. :)
I made this with powdered ginger, and it was just okay. Not the fault of the recipe..