Steamed Black Alaska Cod
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb alaska black smoked cod, skin on, bone still in
- 1 (355 ml) can lager beer, apprx 1 1/3 cups or (355 ml) can water
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- Place the fish, skin side down in it top part of the steamer Steamer pot (like a double boiler but with an insert with holes to allow the steam to come through or a Chinese steamer basket).
- Pour Beer/water into the bottom half.
- Bring to a boil& steam the fish until it flakes apprx 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the filet.
- When coked remove the skin& bones.
- Lightly butter the flaked fish.
- Add salt& Pepper.