Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
150 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
Make and share this Steamed Brown Bread recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl, mix together buttermilk, molasses and oil. Pour into dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared tins or baking dish. Cover tops with foil and secure with string.
- Place in slow cooker and pour in enough boiling water to come 1 inch up the sides of the dishes.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours. Unmold and serve warm.