We really enjoyed these steak sandwiches from Prevention (March 2011)
Make and share this Steak Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl combine steak, cilantro, and garlic.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat; coat with Pam.
- Add steak mixture and cook, turning until edges are browned and center is still pink (3 to 5 minutes). Transfer to a bowl or plate.
- Coat same skillet with Pam and add red onion, green pepper, poblano pepper, and salt.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring until peppers are soft (7 to 10 minutes).
- Put rolls on cookie sheet an lay one cheese slice on each.
- Warm in oven until cheese melts (5 minutes).
- Remove from oven.
- Add steak and peppers to rolls and serve.
So good and so easy! I forgot to get provolone, so just used a little cheese whiz like they do in Philly. I loved the color contrast between the green peppers and the red onion.