1/3 Photos of Steak Sandwich
Hey Jude's Note:
Friday night delight....I like this with an ice cold, Grey Goose martini. From Firefly, a bistro-type restaurant in Chicago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 (3 ounce) rib eye steaks
- 2 ciabatta or 2 other sturdy sandwich buns (don't use hamburger buns, good sturdy bread is best)
- 1Heat one tablespoon of the butter and one tablespoon of the oil over medium and add both types of onion and a little salt and freshly ground black pepper; cook, stirring, until crispy and brown, about 15 minutes, then set aside.
- 2Mash together the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the cheese and mustard and set aside.
- 3Rub the steaks with salt and pepper; heat the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium cast-iron skillet over high heat; when very hot, add both the steaks and cook without disturbing for 2 minutes; flip and brown the other side for 2 more minutes- this will give you medium doneness but still pink meat.
- 4Place the steaks onto the roll bottoms, top each with half the butter mixture and then smother with onions; top with the roll tops and eat with ice cold, alcoholic beverages on a Friday evening.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.1
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.7 mg
- Sodium 124.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: