Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Grilling fruit really brings out the natural sugars in them and they take on a whole new dimension. Don't use canned or very ripe peaches for this recipe or you will have a big mess on your grill. I like to buy extra peaches and the citrus fruits when I make this so I can juice them in my Lalanne juicer to make a tart sorbet. The recipe for the dressing alone is here Quick Citrus Dressing
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 peaches
- salt and pepper
- mixed baby lettuces and spring greens (1 small bag)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients to make dressing. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Marinate steak in italian dressing in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Cut peaches in half, remove pits, brush with olive oil.
- Grill steak to your liking. I like mine medium for a salad. Slice the meat thinly and on an angle against the grain. This will help avoid it being tough or chewy.
- Grill peaches for just a minute or two on each side. Let cool a minute and then slice into segments.
- Arrange spring mix and romaine lettuce on a large platter or individual plates. Top with steak, grilled peaches, red pepper, pecans and crumbled goat cheese. Drizzle citrus dressing on top.
Really like this salad. I have never grilled fruit before but it truly does take it to another level. Scaled it down to just a couple of servings and used top sirloin. I wasn't too crazy about the dressing but I had to make some substitutions (no lime juice or white wine vinegar) so I can't really blame the recipe. I was able to tweak what I had enough to make it enjoyable. Thanks so much!
this was so good. I love it when healthy and taste come together :D