Recipe by KelBel
Another invention of mine out of necessity. Wanted Philly Cheese steak, but had no bulky rolls (and I don't make them). So, topped a pizza with the fixins, and ended up with a winner.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
OH YUMMY!!! Tagged for Newest Zaar Tag 08! DH and I enjoyed so much I am making for game day as well. I did a few changes as I used what I had available. Used about 6 oz of griled steak sliced slin in place of steak ums, used garlic, and mozzerella cheese in place of cheddar. I also used home made crusts(#60816 as I could not get to store due to weather and drivng advisory. As I said, making again for Super Bowl Sunday. DH says he can get to the store for this! LOL Thank you so much.This is a keeper in fave cookbook.
- 1 (12 inch) Boboli pizza crusts
- 2 tablespoons garlic butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 8 ounces Steak-ums (frozen chipped steak) or 1⁄2 lb deli roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spread crust with garlic butter.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil and add onion, mushroom, peppers. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Push veges to one side of the pan and add steak-ums and cook until done, about 5 minutes. Mix with veges. Add salt and pepper.
- *If using sliced roast beef, add to pan with veges and heat through. Add salt and pepper.
- Place onto pizza crust. Add Cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes.