Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
photo by Dish with Tish
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 inch) thin crust pizza dough, at room temp
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces thinly sliced med-rare roast beef, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place crust on greased baking sheet. In a small saucepan heat olive oil over med heat, when oil starts to ripple add in bell peppers and onions. Cook until soft. Next, melt in butter and sprinkle in flour, to create a roux. Stir for about 2 minutes Slowly pour milk in, stirring constantly until very warm, Be sure not to let it come to a boil. You should start to see a bit of steam coming from the pan. When sauce is thickened, remove from heat. Add in Parmesan cheese and stir gently until it is melted. Let sauce cool about 10 mins and pour over crust. Layer roast beef across pizza and top with cheddar cheese and mushrooms(if desired). Bake 15-20 mins until edges of crust are golden brown and cheese starts to bubble.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!