1/24 Photos of Steak (Or Chicken) Fajitas
Rhonda *J*'s Note:
These are so quick and tasty. You can use strips of boneless chicken breast instead of the beef. Feel free to double the marinade. The flavor is so great for such a short marination time. You can can do them up ahead of time and have the meat sit longer if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 340.19 g top sirloin steak
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml hot pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch/20 cm)
- 1-2 onion, we usually use approx. 1-2 depending on size (however much you like,enough to make a good mix with the peppers)
- 2 small sweet peppers, of your choice (green, red, or yellow)
- 1Slice steak into thin strips.
- 2In bowl, mix together 1 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, hot pepper flakes, black pepper & salt.
- 3Add beef strips and stir to coat, set aside.
- 4Wrap tortillas in foil and place in 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- 5Cut onions in half lengthwise and slice into strips, cut your peppers into strips.
- 6In large non stick skillet over medium high heat, heat remaining tablespoons of olive oil.
- 7Add onions & peppers stirring for 3-4 minutes, until softened; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- 8Add beef to skillet, cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until they lose their red color.
- 9Return onions and peppers to skillet; stir for about one minute.
- 10To serve, spoon a portion of the beef mixture down the centre of each tortilla, top with your desired toppings , fold bottom of tortilla up over filling, fold the sides in, overlapping.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak (Or Chicken) Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.1
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 340.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g