Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From 1001 Low Fat Recipes. You'll need 6 skewers for this recipe. Soak them in water before threading, so they don't burn.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin, cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 large tomatoes, cut in 6 wedges
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups cooked rice, warm
- Thread beef on skewers, with a tomato wedge on the end of each; place on broiler pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients except rice.
- Broil 6 inches from heat source to desired degree of doneness, about 5 min per side for medium, brushing with beef broth mixture.
- Serve with rice.