Recipe by Martini Guy
From Taste of Home. This is a popular dish at restaurants in central Pennsylvania. The recipe is for 2 but can easily be doubled or tripled.
Top Review by VickyJ
Hi there! :) This was a great salad and was a fantastic Friday night dinner! I made the recipe exactly except I used sirloin tips (cut smaller) and sauteed spanish onion, instead of the red onion. I, also, made my own french fries. Very, very tasty! I'll be making this again.. It went in my salads cookbook.
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 22.18 ml malt vinegar
- 7.39 ml water
- 236.59 ml frozen French-fried potatoes
- 226.79 g boneless beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 709.77 ml shredded lettuce
- 78.07 ml chopped tomato
- 59.14 ml chopped red onion
- 118.29 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- For dressing, in a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar and water.
- Shake well and refrigerate.
- Prepare french fries according to package directions.
- In a small skillet coated with non stick cooking spray, cook steak over meduim heat 8 to 10 minutes or until meat reached desired doneness.
- On two salad plates, arrange the lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Top with french fries, steak and cheese.
- Shake dressing and drizzle over salads.
- Serve immediately.