Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Taste of Home. This is a popular dish at restaurants in central Pennsylvania. The recipe is for 2 but can easily be doubled or tripled.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons malt vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup frozen French-fried potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄3 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- For dressing, in a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar and water.
- Shake well and refrigerate.
- Prepare french fries according to package directions.
- In a small skillet coated with non stick cooking spray, cook steak over meduim heat 8 to 10 minutes or until meat reached desired doneness.
- On two salad plates, arrange the lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Top with french fries, steak and cheese.
- Shake dressing and drizzle over salads.
- Serve immediately.
Hi there! :) This was a great salad and was a fantastic Friday night dinner! I made the recipe exactly except I used sirloin tips (cut smaller) and sauteed spanish onion, instead of the red onion. I, also, made my own french fries. Very, very tasty! I'll be making this again.. It went in my salads cookbook.