4 hrs 7 mins
Chef Diver's Note:
I came up with this recipe a few years ago, when I had ruff times. Originally I used flank steak and it came out great, and about a year later found this recipe in my box and made it for my room-mates 21st birthday party. Of course I used T-bone steaks. Every one love it and nobody open up the bottles of A-1 or Heinz-57 sauces. I hope you would agree also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 ounces beef t-bone steaks or 1 1/2-2 lbs of choice beef
- 1 tablespoon hickory liquid smoke (I use Colgin brand)
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon whiskey (I use Jim Beam)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup yellow onion (finely diced)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1In a medium bowl combine all ingredients but the steaks/beef.
- 2Mix until sugar and salt is dissolved.
- 3Put the marinade in a large zip-lock bag or in an air tight container then add the steaks/beef.
- 4Marinate for 4-24 hours. Turning the beef over at least once, during the processes. (24 hours the best).
- 5Now cook the steak's or beef to your liking.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 834.2
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 161.5 mg
- Sodium 1383.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 55.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hickory liquid smoke
Lawry's Seasoned Salt