Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Damn Delicious
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb top sirloin steak, filet
- pita bread, toasted, for serving
- tomatoes, diced, for serving
- red onion, thinly sliced, for serving
For the tzatziki sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, for drizzling
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, yogurt, oregano, salt and pepper, to taste. Add the sirloin, coating the beef completely; cover and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper, to taste; drizzle with olive oil. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the sirloin and cook, flipping once, until medium rare (145 degrees F), about 5-6 minutes per side. Let the meat rest for 5-7 minutes before carving into thin slices.
- To assemble, top each pita bread with sirloin, tzatziki sauce, tomatoes and red onion. Serve immediately.