1/5 Photos of Steak Fillet With Tarragon Cream Brandy Sauce
The Flying Chef's Note:
I bought some thick steak fillets the other night and was going to serve them with a peppered sauce and creamed spinach. I still made the creamed spinach as we have not had it in a while and I knew my hubby would like it as it is a favorite of his. I noticed I had some tarragon to use up and new I would not be making anything to use it in over the next few days, so I came up with this sauce, to utilize it. The sauce turned out surprisingly well and we both enjoyed it very much, instead of cooking the onions I was using up in the sauce. I sliced 2 onions thinly and fried them separately and placed them on top of the steak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 steak fillets (nice thick cut ones.)
- 2 onions, sliced thinly
- 44.37 ml brandy
- 4.92 ml beef stock granules
- 14.78 ml french creamy mustard
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 180 ml double cream
- 120 ml light cream
- 9.85 ml cornflour
- 6.16 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml fresh tarragon, chopped finely (I did a generous tablespoon it was not quite 11/2 but a little over 1.)
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 1Add sliced onion to a small pan with a little olive oil and cook until onion is soft and browned, can either be kept warm on stove or reheated in a microwave later.
- 3Add brandy, beef stock and mustard to a pan bring to the boil, whisk to blend mustard.
- 4Add garlic and both creams, mix a little water with cornflour, add to sauce stir until mixture boils and thickens, turn down heat.
- 5Add pepper, tarragon and juice stir to combine, keep sauce warm on a low heat, on the stove, stirring occasionally to prevent a skin forming over the top.
- 7Season steaks on both sides with salt and pepper, BBQ, Grill or pan fry until browned and cooked as desired.
- 8I like mine medium rare so when I have thick steaks like these, I sear each side for 2 minutes and then place in the oven for 15 minutes at 180°C.
- 9To Serve: Top each steak with some onion, pour sauce over and serve with whatever veg and starch you want. I served mine with creamed spinach.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Fillet With Tarragon Cream Brandy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.6
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 82.6 mg
- Sodium 74.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef stock granules