Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is courtesy of Omaha Steaks. Makes an easy and elegant dinner for two.
Make and share this Steak Diane for Two recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (6 ounce) filet mignon, thawed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Mix the salt and pepper together and rub into both sides of the steaks.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a heavy skillet; add mustard and shallots and saute over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the steaks and cook approximately 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Remove meat to serving plater and keep warm.
- To the pan drippings add 1 tablespoon butter, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and chives; cook for 2 minutes,.
- Add the brandy and pour sauce over steaks.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley over the top and serve immediately.
An excellent way to prepare filets! This is so good and so easy. A very impressive dish. Thanks for posting!
Totally awesome! Had people over for dinner that I needed (felt) to impress and it worked! Made exactly as written - thank you soooo much for making me shine! Will definitely make again and again and again!
We really enjoyed this recipe and will be making it again, but with a little less lemon and make the amount up a dash of water. I put what was left of the juices in a small bowl on the table so we could help ourselves to more - it all disappeared ! Thanks for posting this PaulaG