Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fast and YUM! 15 minutes takes that prepackaged salad from plain old plain old to WOW in no time! Ok, ok--so WHO's the ROCK STAR NOW?? YOU are! Zaar's program will not take Caesar salad kit so I have listed it as lettuce BUT know that you need the bagged Caesar Salad kit. Now, go be a Rock star! :)
- 1 lb top sirloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick or 16 ounces fully cooked beef, strips or 16 ounces cooked beef steaks, aka leftover steak
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 10 ounces complete caesar salad in a bag
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Trim fat from steak. Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Combine beef, garlic, oil and pepper. Toss to coat. Heat large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add beef (half at a time) and stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Steak can also be grilled whole then sliced. Leftover steak works great here too!
- Remove from skillet. Season with salt as desired. Note: *To substitute the fully cooked beef strips or leftover steak just heat them up and continue with the next steps*.
- In large bowl, combine beef with lettuce and dressing from salad kit. Toss lightly.
- Sprinkle with croutons from kit and parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
Delicious! I made the salad myself instead of a package and added an avocado. Somehow the mix of everything was absolutely amazing, I already can't wait for lunch tomorrow!
This was good. My kids didn't care for it much but that's okay. That was to be expected. My husband, who is not much of a salad eater, liked it okay.
This was a remarkably wonderful, delicious meal tonight. Perfect for a Saturday night on the farm. I needed something so great, so tasty, and thank goodness~I found this.Totally wonderful for it's ease, the garlic cloves were just wonderful in this. I made my own ceasar salad dressing, and tossed it with fresh spinach and romaine lettuces. Thanks mama's kitchen for posting this, a great use of products right in my kitchen! Made for your football win, week 12. Fall 2008