Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Fast and YUM! 15 minutes takes that prepackaged salad from plain old plain old to WOW in no time! Ok, ok--so WHO's the ROCK STAR NOW?? YOU are! Zaar's program will not take Caesar salad kit so I have listed it as lettuce BUT know that you need the bagged Caesar Salad kit. Now, go be a Rock star! :)
- 1 lb top sirloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick or 16 ounces fully cooked beef, strips or 16 ounces cooked beef steaks, aka leftover steak
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 10 ounces complete caesar salad in a bag
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from steak. Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Combine beef, garlic, oil and pepper. Toss to coat. Heat large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add beef (half at a time) and stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Steak can also be grilled whole then sliced. Leftover steak works great here too!
- Remove from skillet. Season with salt as desired. Note: *To substitute the fully cooked beef strips or leftover steak just heat them up and continue with the next steps*.
- In large bowl, combine beef with lettuce and dressing from salad kit. Toss lightly.
- Sprinkle with croutons from kit and parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.