This is my #1 favorite recipe in my whole collection. It is the first meal I made for my husband. Be sure to use green peppercorns (available packed in brine in a can or bottle). Adapted from a recipe in Jr. League of San Francisco's "San Francisco a la Carte".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy saucepan over medium-heat cook cream, stirring fairly frequently until reduced to approximately 1 cup.
- 2(Be sure to use a large enough pan as this bubbles up and will overflow pan if you are not careful).
- 3The cream should be thick.
- 4When it is, set in refrigerator.
- 5In skillet large enough to hold the filets in a single layer, heat oil until it is hot.
- 6Cook steaks for 3 to 4 minutes per side and then set aside and keep warm (I put them in oven at low temperature).
- 7Pour off excess fat from the skillet and deglaze with brandy; set aside.
- 8To the cream, add bouillon cubes, lemon juice, salt and sherry.
- 9Stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- 10Remove from heat and add deglazing liquid along with the peppercorns.
- 11Reheat and pour a small amount over each steak.
- 12Serve remaining sauce in a gravy boat.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Au Poivre Vert
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.9
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 108.8 mg
- Sodium 429.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: