1/2 Photos of Steak and Potato Soup
This is a peppery soup with lots of mushrooms and steak in it. My family requests this meal very often! Cheap and easy to make! Exact quantities vary depending on how much you want to make. I usually make a huge pot at a time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans campbell's cream of potato soup
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3 (4 ounce) packages mushrooms
- 3 top sirloin steaks
- 4 russet potatoes, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- steak seasoning
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- butter, to saute the mushroom
- salt and pepper, lots of pepper
- 1Season the steaks and brown them each side.
- 2When done, let them cool.
- 3In the meantime, melt the butter.
- 4Add mushrooms and garlic.
- 5Let them brown up before salting to taste.
- 6In a large pot, pour in the soups, potatoes, and mushrooms.
- 7Cut up the steak into bite sized pieces and add to the pot.
- 8Add half-and-half and let simmer a bit.
- 9Add salt to taste.
- 10Now, the most important ingredient--add pepper--quite a bit, like a tablespoons to start (I would add in increments and taste). You want it to be very peppery.
- 11I usually serve this with garlic bread on the side.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.2
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.9 mg
- Sodium 1256.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 27.6 g