This is a peppery soup with lots of mushrooms and steak in it. My family requests this meal very often! Cheap and easy to make! Exact quantities vary depending on how much you want to make. I usually make a huge pot at a time.
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) canscampbell's cream of potato soup
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3 (4 ounce) packages mushrooms
- 3 top sirloin steaks
- 4 russet potatoes, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- steak seasoning
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- butter, to saute the mushroom
- salt and pepper, lots of pepper
- Season the steaks and brown them each side.
- When done, let them cool.
- In the meantime, melt the butter.
- Add mushrooms and garlic.
- Let them brown up before salting to taste.
- In a large pot, pour in the soups, potatoes, and mushrooms.
- Cut up the steak into bite sized pieces and add to the pot.
- Add half-and-half and let simmer a bit.
- Add salt to taste.
- Now, the most important ingredient--add pepper--quite a bit, like a tablespoons to start (I would add in increments and taste). You want it to be very peppery.
- I usually serve this with garlic bread on the side.