1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This evolved from a camping recipe that my DH and I usually come up with on Sunday mornings before we break-down camp. I decided to make them easy to travel so that DH wasn't stopping at the local burrito shop and getting stuff that wasn't included in his diet. Time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1/4 cup cilantro, Chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh tomato, Chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, Chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1In a medium bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, tomatoes, onion, salt and pepper.
- 2Place steak in a shallow non-metallic container and cover with marinade. Cover container and place in refridgerator for 1-4 hours.
- 3Grill steak on outside grill or under a preheated broiler until desired doneness has been achieved. (I like mine medium-rare) Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes before cutting into small cubes. Set aside.
- 4In a non-stick pan, cook and scramble eggs until done. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 5In same pan, pour in marinade and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add peppers, mushrooms and garlic; simmer 10 minutes or until liquid is almost gone.
- 6Warm tortillas on a grill or in microwave. (I like to line them up on my counter and top all at once.) Divide eggs into 6 portions and place on tortillas. Repeat process with meat and place on top of eggs. Spoon vegetables evenly between all 6 tortillas.
- 7Fold each tortilla like a burrito, wrap in Wax paper or Aluminum Foil and place in Zip Baggie.
- 8I throw these right in the freezer. Then in the morning, I can pop the ones with Wax paper right in the microwave, or the ones with Aluminum foil right in the toaster oven for about 2-3 minutes each. Time may vary according to your appliance.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak and Egg Burritos (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.2
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 155.0 mg
- Sodium 620.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 12.3 g