Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This evolved from a camping recipe that my DH and I usually come up with on Sunday mornings before we break-down camp. I decided to make them easy to travel so that DH wasn't stopping at the local burrito shop and getting stuff that wasn't included in his diet. Time includes marinating time.
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, Chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fresh tomato, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- salt & pepper
- 24 ounces top sirloin steaks (I use Coleman's Organic Beef)
- 1 1⁄2 cups bell peppers, any kind, Chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, any kind, Sliced
- 1 garlic clove, Crushed
- 5 eggs, Beaten
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- wax paper or aluminum foil, and zip baggies
- In a medium bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, tomatoes, onion, salt and pepper.
- Place steak in a shallow non-metallic container and cover with marinade. Cover container and place in refridgerator for 1-4 hours.
- Grill steak on outside grill or under a preheated broiler until desired doneness has been achieved. (I like mine medium-rare) Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes before cutting into small cubes. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan, cook and scramble eggs until done. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan, pour in marinade and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add peppers, mushrooms and garlic; simmer 10 minutes or until liquid is almost gone.
- Warm tortillas on a grill or in microwave. (I like to line them up on my counter and top all at once.) Divide eggs into 6 portions and place on tortillas. Repeat process with meat and place on top of eggs. Spoon vegetables evenly between all 6 tortillas.
- Fold each tortilla like a burrito, wrap in Wax paper or Aluminum Foil and place in Zip Baggie.
- I throw these right in the freezer. Then in the morning, I can pop the ones with Wax paper right in the microwave, or the ones with Aluminum foil right in the toaster oven for about 2-3 minutes each. Time may vary according to your appliance.