Brunch Egg Burritos
This is from a TOH-BACON booklet I got at the grocery store...
- Ready In:
- 2 cups refrigerated hash browns, shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- In a large skillet, cook the potatoes in 2 Tbs butter over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, chilies, and seasonings.
- In another large skillet, heat remaining butter until hot.
- Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Layer 1/3 cup potatoes, about 1/2 cup egg mixture, 1/4 cup bacon, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/4 cup salsa off center of each tortilla.
- Fold sides and ends over filling and rool up.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I don't grab those booklet's at checkout...unless they are free! Rarely! So I'm glad you shared this delicious recipe. I reduced the recipe for two, and also had smaller tortillas, so ended up with 4 servings. I put two in the freezer...hope it freezes well! I think if I cook the bacon and potatoes ahead or time, I could turn this into a quick breakfast for workday mornings....most mornings for me! Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag!
A full on five stars for this little beauty...I made these this morning for DH's Father's Day treat, and he absolutely LOVED it!!<br/>I used some frozen hash brown and just smashed it up a bit after I cooked it. I also added the cheese to the egg mixture,just as it finished cooking so that it started to melt into it and went beautifully gooey.<br/>The taste and flavour combinations in this were really great...smooth creamy egg,crisp salty bacon and spicy chunky salsa-oh YUM!!<br/>This will definitely be making an appearance on my breakfast table again soon-it's a winner in my house!!<br/>Thanks for sharing x