Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
This is a copy cat recipe for Pumpkin spice Latte. Now you can have it all year around.
Top Review by sarara
guys--i am pretty sure Starbucks does not use real pumpkin in their pumpkin spice latte- which probably accounts fpr the grainyness you are having. try leaving the pumkin out and just use the spices and vanilla--you are probably not going to be able to produce a flavor like pumpkin artificially--or you could strain it in cheesecloth.
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons vanilla-flavored syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup milk
- 3 ounces espresso (1-2 shots)
- In a small saucepan, stir pumpkin puree into milk.
- Add vanilla syrup and pumpkin pie spice.
- Heat gently, continuing to stirring occasionally just until steaming and foam begins to appear.
- Pour pumpkin flavored milk into a tall mug and pour espresso over.
- Top with whip cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice.
- Note: If you like it slightly sweeter; add a bit of vanilla flavored coffee cream.