Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a copy cat recipe for Pumpkin spice Latte. Now you can have it all year around.
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons vanilla-flavored syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup milk
- 3 ounces espresso (1-2 shots)
- In a small saucepan, stir pumpkin puree into milk.
- Add vanilla syrup and pumpkin pie spice.
- Heat gently, continuing to stirring occasionally just until steaming and foam begins to appear.
- Pour pumpkin flavored milk into a tall mug and pour espresso over.
- Top with whip cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice.
- Note: If you like it slightly sweeter; add a bit of vanilla flavored coffee cream.
guys--i am pretty sure Starbucks does not use real pumpkin in their pumpkin spice latte- which probably accounts fpr the grainyness you are having. try leaving the pumkin out and just use the spices and vanilla--you are probably not going to be able to produce a flavor like pumpkin artificially--or you could strain it in cheesecloth.
Really all you need is a bottle of Monin pumpkin spice coffee syrup and some whipped cream to replicate the starbucks recipe without it getting grainy.
The taste of the latte was strange. It was almost like it had no taste if that makes sense.