Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Latte
photo by anniesnomsblog
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup strong brewed hot coffee
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Combine heavy cream and pumpkin in a saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly. Stir in Splenda and spices. Heat just until boiling.
- Pour mixture into blender and process on high for 20 seconds (be careful!).
- Pour into a large cup, add coffee, and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I googled this because I wanted a low carb option to still be able to enjoy my pumpkin spice latte's .... I made it the first time with the cream- it was a bit too rich for me, and made my tummy hurt. So.... I did half the cream, and half milk.... I plan on replacing the milk with the hood carb control coffee, but all and all I am super pleased with the outcome! Very tasty!
This was delicious, but I thought it was too much cream for one drink and it watered down the pumpkin pie flavor. I used a homemade pumpkin pie spice blend (from this site) since I don't usually stock pumpkin pie spice, and that worked out well. I don't usually put sugar in my coffee, but I found that sugar really is necessary in this drink in order to get the right pumpkin pie flavor. Thank you, AnnieGirl. Made for Fall 2012 Pick-A-Chef.
This is a delicious drink. The spice created kind of a grainy texture. I made this a few times to try to get rid of the grainy texture, and I found adding the pumpkin pie spice to the blending process helped a little bit. Made with recipe #394438. Thanks AnnieGirl for a great recipe. Made for New Kids on the Block tag game.