Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
A friend of mine told me this was the actual recipe used by Starbucks. I do not believe him, but it does taste surprisingly similar. I have quadrupled the recipe as I like to make it in advance and keep it in the fridge to surprise guests. Note: If you make it in advance, do not store it any longer than you would milk.
- 3 cups espresso coffee
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- whipped cream, for topping
- chocolate syrup, for topping
- Make coffee, follow directions for your favorite brand of espresso roast coffee.
- Mix coffee, still hot, and sugar in your mixer until sugar is dissolved.
- Add milk and chocolate syrup and continue mixing, about one minute.
- Pour mix into a sealable container for easy storage.
- Store in fridge until ready to use (Note: Do not store any longer than you would milk).
- To make drink, combine equal parts mix and ice in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into glasses.
- Top each glass with whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
This is very good and saves me a load of money! I also use http://www.recipezaar.com/Iron-Mikes-Mocha-Syrup-Chocolate-Syrup-for-Espresso-Drinks-112925 when making this and its a huge hit with the whole family! Thanks for posting!
This is a delicious drink. I made a serving for two but I used leftover breakfast coffee and stirred in the sugar to dissolve. Then added milk and Iron Mike's Mocha Syrup - Chocolate Syrup for Espresso Drinks for the syrup. Had some coffee ice cubes and blended. Great! Will be nice this summer to cool off.