This is my absolute favorite chilled coffee drink and a must try if you like coconut! You can substitute the milk and sugar for 2 cups of ice milk for a smoother, more creamy drink if you prefer!
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Spread shredded coconut on a baking sheet and toast coconut in the oven.
- Stir the coconut around every 10 minutes or so for even browning. After 25 to 30 minutes the shredded coconut should be light brown. Cool it off.
- Make double-strength coffee by brewing by standard method, or make a double shot of espresso.
- Chill before using.
- To make the drinks, combine cold coffee, milk, 1/3 cup of the toasted coconut, chocolate syrup, and sugar in a blender. Blend until sugar is dissolved.
- Add ice and blend until ice is crushed and the drink is smooth.
- Pour drinks into two 16-ounce glasses. Garnish each drink with whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate, and a pinch of some of the remaining toasted coconut. Add a straw to each one.