Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are much like french crepes, only you stack them up with filling between each pancake, so they resemble a multi-tiered layer cake. You can substitute butter mixed with maple sugar or caramel fudge frosting for the jelly. From New Settlement Cookbook. Made for ZWT9.
- Sift flour and salt.
- Add milk and eggs, and beat together very well. Batter should be the consistancy of heavy cream.
- Heat a10 inch pan,lightly greased.
- Pour a little batter into the pan, and tilt the pan around to spread the batter evenly and thinly over the bottom.
- When lightly brown, flip and cook the other side.
- Put on a serving plate and spread with jelly.
- Repeat, stacking 6-8 pancakes in one pile.
- Slice like a cake and serve hot.
Loved these! I halved the recipe for the two of us and cooked them in a slightly smaller skillet. Topped with raspberry jam and dusted with powdered sugar right before serving. Delicious! This is a great recipe to use when you want breakfast to seem a little more special.. Thanks for sharing this keeper recipe
Made these this morning. I used homemade blueberry jam as the filling. The adults gave great reviews. My 2yr old GS liked the pancakes and not the blueberry jam, go figure!! Made for ZWT9 and "The Apron String Travelers"
Delicious! The pancakes were nice and thin, just the way we like them. I spread strawberry rhubarb jam between the layers. Made for the Soup-A-Stars ZWT9.