Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fun dessert to serve for St. Patrick's Day.
- 1 (3 ounce) box Jell-O instant pistachio pudding mix (4-serving)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and thinly sliced
- Cool Whip
- 3 drops green food coloring
- green coarse sugar, for garnish (the kind used on xmas cookies)
- Prepare pudding according to package directions using the milk; chill until set.
- When pudding is chilled, layer pudding, kiwifruit and green-tinted Cool Whip in clear dessert glasses (wine glasses will work well)-- do pudding-fruit-coolwhip then repeat, ending with a layer of Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle a tiny amount of green coarse sugar on parfaits and refrigerate until serving.
Lennie, these parfaits were excellent! Very festive and delicious also easy to prepare. Thanks so much!
These were very easy to make and looked lovely on our table at the end of our St. Patrick's Day feast. My kiwis were smallish, so I added a few more - the tartness of the kiwis is a nice complement to the sweetness of the pudding. I omitted the green food coloring, leaving the Cool Whip white. The alternating layers of color - green pudding and white Cool Whip looked very nice - especially with the sprinkling of green sugar atop the final dollop of Cool Whip. I think I might try using real whipped cream next time, but my family really enjoyed it with the Cool Whip. These were very good - and your kids will love them.
These were so easy and so good--we all wished I doubled the recipe and made more.