Recipe by realbirdlady
The taste of a traditional south asian dish, using more readily available ingredients. By Sabry Marikar.
Top Review by Pesto lover
I was very hesitant about using so much spice in one dish, but it was actually quite mild after being cooked. The flavor was all right, but I found the dish a little heavy. This is most likely because I have never eaten this type of food before. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6.
- 2 whole chickens
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 10 garlic cloves, slightly crushed
- 3 medium onions, sliced in half moons
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves
- 3 cardamom seeds, crushed
- 4 tablespoons garam masala
- 5 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 5 medium red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin and fat from chicken. Use a fork to poke lots of holes in the flesh.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken and mix well. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Overnight in the refrigerator is fine.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spoon the potatoes, onions and carrots into the bottom of a roasting pan. Set the chicken on top of the vegetables, and pour in the remaining marinade.
- Bake for an hour and a half. (Check at one hour and add additional water if the vegetables are dry.).