Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A savory comfort food from America's heartland. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 onions, peeled and sliced thinly
- 8 ears corn (or equivalent amount of frozen kernels)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs, slightly beaten
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- Cut bacon in small pieces and fry; add onions and saute until golden.
- Add corn and salt; continue sauteing until corn is browned.
- Add eggs and cook until thickened, stirring up from the bottom of the skillet.
- Serve on toast.