1/2 Photos of Squaw Bread
3 hrs 35 mins
Dienia B.'s Note:
Marilyn Martell's recipe from State Fair Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In blender, put 2 cups water, oil, honey, brown sugar and raisins.
- 2Liquefy that puppy.
- 3Proof yeast with 1/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon honey.
- 4Combine 1 cup flour, 2 cups whole wheat, 1 cup rye, milk and salt.
- 5Add liquid mixture and yeast mixture.
- 6Beat for 2 minutes.
- 7Gradually add rest of flour till it pulls away from sides of bowl.
- 8Turn out onto floured board and knead until smooth and elastic.
- 9Add flour as needed.
- 10Grease large bowl and put dough inches.
- 11Let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 12Punch down dough; divide in 4 pieces.
- 13Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- 14Sprinkle 2 baking sheets with cornmeal.
- 15Shape the 4 pieces into loafs; cover and let rise until doubled, 60 minutes.
- 16Preheat oven to 375°.
- 17Bake for 35 minutes or crust is browned.
- 18Brush with butter.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Squaw Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1745 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1162.1
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 953.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 210.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.3 g
- Sugars 47.4 g
- Protein 30.5 g