Great alternative to pumpkin, and a wonderful way to use up leftover squash.
Make and share this Squash Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Line a 9" pie pan with pie crust.
- Mix all of the listed ingredients, and beat well.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300 and bake until pie is done.
- (Stick a knife down in the middle of the pie, if it pulls out clean, it's done).
- This will take roughly another 45 minutes.
I was really impressed with this recipe. I had never heard of squash pie or thought of substituting squash for pumpkin in one of my all time favorite pies. I am over flowing with squash and some of it was starting to go soft, this recipe was a great way to use it. It tasted amazing hot and I'm looking forward to trying it cold for lunch. I used two small, two large (not all of which was usable), and 1 medium squash. Afther throwing them in the food processor, that made about 1 1/2 cups.
We love our squash pie and this was great. I made without the rum as we like it better that way. Very easy recipe and so good tasting!