1/2 Photos of Squash Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
Kim Hardwick's Note:
My grandmother's recipe,--it's the best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place about 6-7 cups of water in a medium pot (make sure it more then covers the squash). Add squash after chopping into 1/2-inch circles. Add chopped onions to same pot. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of margarine. Boil until completely cooked "really well".
- 2Drain squash after done cooking.
- 3Add squash and onions to casserole dish.
- 4Add remaining margarine. Mix well until margarine is melted.
- 5Add beaten eggs and mix well into squash.
- 6Add 1/2 of the cheese into squash and mix well.
- 7Add 1/3 of saltines into squash mix well.
- 8Sprinkle on top the remaining cheese and saltines.
- 9Bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes until cheese melts completely.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.9
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 142.0 mg
- Sodium 815.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 16.8 g