Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
One of the Hardins Top 31 recipes; from Cheryl Carson.
- 3 lbs yellow squash
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup vigo breadcrumbs
- 1 -4 tablespoon sugar, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut squash and onion.
- Boil together until tender.
- Drain well.
- Add eggs, salt, pepper, sugar, and half the margarine/butter.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Melt remaining margarine/butter and put on top of mixture.
- Cover with bread crumbs and bake at 375 degrees until brown (about 1 hour).